Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sometimes Life Hits Hard

It's been awhile. I haven't been to the movies since I saw Sinister. I have however been watching plenty of holiday movies between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sometimes however life gets in the way.

The first week of December my cat Sport went missing. I was heartbroken, lethargic, and wondering why a cat who has lived indoors all his life would ever want to go outside. There are many possibilities of how and why he got out. I went to the shelters that were local and left fliers in the hopes that if he ended up there I could get him back. Then something strange and wonderful happened. I heard a meow while in the bathroom, I ran outside thinking he was right under the window, but he wasn't there. I convinced myself that I was just hearing things because I wanted him back so much. Then a day or so lately, sitting in the living room with my mom and Tony, we all heard a meow, faint and pleading. We took off in different directions, mom and I out the front door, and my other half out the back door. Still we couldn't see him and heard no other meowing. Finally, Tony started looking at the crawl space under the house and thought maybe he's under the house. We put a can of wet food out in the crawl space and waited. Tony went out to look and there he was! Skinny and scared but there, alive. He's made a full recovery and gained the weight back he's lost. My life went back to feeling normal and I was looking forward to December.

Well then of course there's been the last few weeks. I started a new job in the second week of December and that pulled my focus to get acclimated and be successful. Tony had to work a few Saturdays and we just weren't getting out to movies like we had planned. Christmas came and went and still no new movies were seen. We were watching our holiday favorites: A Christmas Story, The Muppet Christmas Carol, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Elf, The Ref, Fred Clause, It's a Wonderful Life, and White Christmas. On a continuous loop they went through the DVD player.

So now it is the third day of the new year, 2013. Tony and I have plans to once again see a new movie every week. We are going to try for Lincoln this Saturday, I've got my fingers crossed everything falls into place. And hopefully nothing gets in the way, of course I did get bit today on my little pinkie toe, but that probably won't keep me from limping to the movie theater.

Here's to 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment