I should not be allowed to go to a movie theater and see a scary movie. But I love to see them, just maybe I should watch at home, where I can have the lights on, and a remote control that allows me to mute the movie at anytime. Alas, there are times I manage to get to the movies to see a horror flick and watch a lot of the movie through my fingers and this movie made me do just that.
It starts off simple, an author writing a true crime story about a murder where four people were hung in their backyard. The unseemly thing is that he chose to live in the house where the people lived. So he likes to get into his work, I don't blame anyone for getting that deep into it, good for him. Of course he does what every male does and fails to tell his wife why he picked that house. And before some of this, scary stuff happens in the house. I won't tell you about the box of home movies but they are not typical home movies.
One of my favorite parts is when the author contacts a folklore professor at the local college. The reason it is my favorite is because the professor is played by none other than one of my favorite actors, Vincent D'Onofrio (Vincent D'Onofrio). I enjoyed his parts even though they were small. And he looks good like a mountain man, beard and all.
Simply put, I probably should have waited for this to hit Netflix so I could watch it in the safety of my home. Instead I braved a dark movie theater that added to the scariness of the film. And I will continue to spend my money to see scary movies that I watch through my fingers at the theater.
If you want to read more about the film check out this link to the IMDB page Sinister.
No comments:
Post a Comment