AMC does some pretty awesome stuff. They have great original programming, my favorite is The Walking Dead. They also do some pretty neat things with movies, and I have been falling head over heels for Story Notes. Check out the website for more information and upcoming programming.
It's quite elegant in nature. AMC picks a film and then at the bottom of the screen pops up random trivia about the film. The trivia ranges from nonsense to comparisons of the film to the book if it is based on a book.
I came home and found Tony watching The Green Mile on AMC Story Notes and was instantly drawn in. Notes on acting choices, director's choices, the design of the set all made the film that much cooler because it was stuff I didn't know. I know I can watch movies on DVD or Blu-Ray and watch them with commentary but this is just different. There's no voices interrupting the movie since they pop up on the screen, much like Pop Up Video.
The next night, we watched Blazing Saddles. Very funny and some fun trivia, things you can't find on IMDb. At least this movie wasn't as long as The Green Mile so I was able to finish watching it. I sadly went to bed before The Green Mile was over.
You can check out the full schedule on their website and see what is coming up. For instance in the next week they will be screening Meet the Fockers, The Mummy, and Ghostbusters. Ghostbusters will definitely be interesting.

No comments:
Post a Comment