Saturday, March 22, 2014

It's Been Awhile



After an extensive discussion with Tony on the word "awhile" and "it's" I can now start my actual blog post. 

I noticed that I haven't posted since February 18, that's over a month ago. Where have I been?! What have I done?! Well simply, not too much.

I started my new job on February 10. It feels good to be working again. I'm happy and enjoying my job. I like all the people I work with, but then again, I have known many of them for a long time. I'm back working at an insurance agency that I worked at when I first got out of high school for two years. So starting back to work was like going to a second home that has just been waiting for me to return. I'm happy, relaxed, and able to be myself. That's all good stuff.

Sometime in the last few weeks, Tony and I went out to a movie. Arclight is once again showing old films (by old I mean anything that isn't a current release). I got to see Blue Velvet and I can honestly say I loved it. The story was interesting, the characters were all fascinating, and I just enjoy the twisted David Lynch. For a few days after I was telling anyone and everyone about my experience because that's truly what it was, an experience.

I haven't been keeping up with my reading as much as I would like, but maybe I can get back into the swing of things. Starting work threw me for a loop on a lot of my usual activities. Even my letter writing has taken a hit. My blog took it the worst as you can tell. But it is all about adapting and then things will fall back into a normal pattern.

What else? I passed my second CIC class that I took at the beginning of February. I have three left to complete for the designation. I'm hoping to take another one this fall on commercial casualty. I work with that on a daily basis so a class on it should prove interesting and challenging. 

I guess the last thing was that I went to the IBA I-Day in Los Angeles, well Universal City. It was a great day and I got to  meet many new people and see old friends. The highlight of the  day was the keynote speaker at lunch, Steve Garvey. He  shared personal stories of his time as a youngster and getting  to meet such Dodgers legends as Jackie Robinson and Roy Campanella. Being a bat boy when they played ball in his  hometown in Florida. His growing up and rise to being signed  by the Dodgers. The message that I got was to always be  positive and focus on the goal. Afterwards he stayed to sign  autographs and take pictures. I have my autographed photo up  on my cubicle at work. That was definitely a great day for me. 

 I lied that wasn't it. I also got a  new tattoo, bringing my total  count to nine. It is a tribute to my  parents. It has the state flowers f  for California (my mom's birth  state) and South Carolina (my    dad's birth state). The flowers are tied to together with a purple bow (purple is my favorite color) and the ends of the ribbon say Mom and Dad. I love it. It hurt like hell in some spots, but as always the end result is so worth the pain. 
My new tattoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment