I don't remember when I heard about this challenge or where, but it was something right up my alley. It is similar to National Novel Writing Month which happens in November and encourages the participants to write a novel in a month. This however is A Month of Letters and it takes place during February, what better month to write letters. Basically you are challenging your self to mail one piece of snail mail, yes that is mail that is sent through the United States Postal Service with a real stamp, each day that the post runs in the month.
I'm challenging myself to this again this year. Last year, in 2013, I didn't do so hot towards the middle and end of the month. Things were overwhelming for me last year so it kind of makes sense, but still it felt like a disappointment. I got lots of great letters, postcards, and handmade items like envelopes and stationary. I'm telling you the people that participate are inventive and creative. I'm more buy cute stationary, postcards, stickers, and postage. It works. All that matters is that this a unique group of people that still like getting tangible pieces of paper in the mail.
Why am I telling you this? My hope is to share some of the unique things I get during the month from the various participants. I want to share their love of mail with you. I have a huge love for getting things in my mailbox. It is a thrill I have had since I was little. If I manage to make anything interesting I'll share it too.
If you want to try it, sign up and give it a go. You can unlock different achievements and you might even make a few new friends by putting pen to paper.

No comments:
Post a Comment