Tuesday, February 4, 2014

One 2014 Goal Accomplished & the End of January

Yes! I have accomplished one of my goals for 2014. It came in January and will start in February. I got a job. I am super excited about it. I can't tell much at this point, but I have a job, finally. I know this will be a great experience for me and I will grow a lot from the opportunity.

January is over and we are four days into February. Seems crazy that one month of the year is already gone. I've been posting as much as I can in my blog, and I feel really good about it. I enjoy doing this even if I don't do it everyday.

I did see a movie recently, Movie 43, I was visiting a friend and they wanted to show me just one scene and we ended up watching the whole thing. The movie is full of well known celebrities. It is a movie of comedic sketches but mange to mold together to form a story as well. Greg Kinnear was fun to watch, so were Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslet, and Dennis Quaid. I enjoyed a few of the sketches more than others but I laughed through the whole movie. I will say that the sketch involving Hugh Jackman and Kate Winslet, the one that my friend wanted to show me was the best one. Yes, that was by far my favorite of the entire film. So I appreciate that I was able to watch this movie.

What else is happening . . . I have started the 2014 Month of Letters Challenge and I'm off to a strong start. I have tried to get ahead since I'm going to be in San Diego for a class the next few days and may not have a chance to mail anything. I have mailed a couple postcards to a friend's children and think I will do a few more of those. I wrote my first letter to another participant and I'm excited to try and make some new friends that I converse with by mail.

I am almost done with my third book of the year too! That will be a post for another time. I can tell you it has been an interesting read and I have enjoyed it very much. I'm also trying to figure what I want to read next, I have so many choices. This personal challenge has been good for me. It has rekindle my love for reading which was just waiting to burst forward again.

I think that is everything so far. I'm off to my first CIC class of the year, but second one towards my designation. I'll be in San Diego for a few days but not outside much of a hotel ballroom. I am excited and nervous but know that I will pass. I have to think positive. So send me your positive thoughts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment