As the end of the year is fast approaching I begin to start thinking about what I will want to do differently in the new year. Of course the usual options spring up, lose weight, make more money, really take a nice vacation that isn't a meeting of some kind. But I keep coming back to the lose weight and then my mind starts racing with what can I do and what should I be doing to make myself healthy.
Perhaps a back story is necessary for you the reader to understand my dilemma. I have struggled with my weight all my life, I was overweight as a child, lost weight, gained weight, it was a yo-yo. The summer between my sophomore and junior year of high school I lost so much weight that I was able to wear a size 2. Then slowly it began to creep up again. Then I made a drastic move to the east coast and gained over 100 pounds in my first year of living there.
I have tried diets, been to a bariatric doctor twice about surgery, and just about everything in between. I have a problem, I'm not denying that. What I can't seem to do is stick with a plan. I don't have a very good sense of a strong will. I think my psyche sets me up to fail. Of course that means I set myself up to fail. I will do good for a few weeks but then go right back to eating all the time (yes I eat because I'm anxious). So, what do I do? How can I solve the psyche problem in order to help my body.
My doctor has informed me that in no uncertain terms am I healthy enough to have a baby, one of my ultimate goals. I really want to be a parent. I also know that I am morbidly obese, have high cholesterol, have high blood pressure, pre-diabetic, and to thwart things an under-active thyroid.
So here I am, sitting in my room, wondering what steps I can take to put myself on the path to being healthy. It feels like a hopeless journey that I will start on and just stop again. I need something that's going to stick. An option or someone who will be there 24/7 to remind me that I can't let others influence my needs (as I let people do) and to keep me on that path to relearn behaviors that need to be relearned.
I'm going to think on this and see what I come up with by January 1st. That gives 31 days, well 32 since I still have November 30. So here's to coming up with a workable plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment